Celtic Driver Training Driving Instructor Training Rotherham
Are you bored with your present job or are you looking for a career change? Becoming a driving instructor can offer you a new lifestyle. As your own boss you can choose the hours you work and the holidays you want to take. You are in charge of your own destiny. Where is your imagination going to take you?
Beware of the adverts which promise you will earn £30,000 plus a year. The reality is that you are unlikely to earn this amount of money at the start of your career and unless you are prepared to work very long hours.
Training to qualify as a driving instructor is very expensive. Are you prepared to invest in your future?
You can not complete the qualification process in a few weeks. If you are being offered a training course which will qualify you in a matter of weeks may I suggest you read the small print. Even if you are a 'natural' you have to pass three tests (parts 1, 2 and 3) before you qualify. The reality is there will be a waiting period for suitable test slots to become available.
Training represents a substantial investment of your time and effort. In addition to your in car training you will need to study in your own time to develop the knowledge and skills you need to be an effective trainer. Are you prepared to focus upon succeeding?
Before signing any contract with a training organisation take time to do some research. How much will your course cost? How will training be delivered? What are the terms and conditions? Will you be tied into a franchise agreement when you qualify? What happens if you fail to qualify? What does your contract say about paying franchise fees? How long are you tied into the contract for? How much will it cost you if your circumstance change and you need to leave? If you have paid up front for a training course what refund policy is in place? Do you understand what your contract says and what you are being asked to sign up for? If you are being offered what appears to be a really good deal if you sign up then and there walk away.
When researching training courses take care not to believe everything you are told. Do not forget that the information you are being provided may be biased. Sales people can be very persuasive. Genuine deals will still be there tomorrow. If it appears too good to be true, then it probably is.
Still interested? Then read on....
My qualifications include:
Ex Police Class 1 Advanced Driver
The Diamond Special Advanced Driving Test
RoSPA Advanced Driving Test at Gold
Cardington Special Driving Test at Grade A
The Institute of Advanced Motorists Advanced Driving Test
Driver and Vehicle Standards Agency Approved Driving Instructor (ADI)
Driver and Vehicle Standards Agency Registered Fleet Driver Trainer (Category B Vehicles)
Corporate Driver Training Qualification awarded by an accredited Driving Standards Agency Training Establishment.
RoSPA National Diploma in Advanced Driving Instruction with all parts of the qualifying examinations passed with distinction
Risk Assessment Principles and Practice Certificate awarded by The Chartered Institute of Environmental Health.
City and Guilds Level 3 Award in Teaching and Training
The Energy Saving Trust (England) accredited trainer
BTEC Level 4 Professional Award in Coaching For Driver Development
Key Courses/Workshops Attended
Driving Instructors Association Driver Behaviour Training Day 16th April 2015
Driving Instructors Association Drivers with Diverse Needs 17th April 2015
Tri Coaching Partnership Train the Trainer Course 16th, 17th and 18th October 2015
Tri Coaching Partnership Development Day 29th February 2016
Phil Hirst ADI Trainer Workshop 20th June 2016
Lou Walsh Standards Check Trainer Training 28th October 2016
Phil Hirst ADI Trainer Workshop 17th July 2017
Planned attendance at QEF Queen Elizabeth's foundation for disabled people - Teaching People with Disabilities to Drive 26th to 28th September 2017
Try my suitability assessment
Training to become a driving instructor represents a substantial investment in time and money so you need to make sure it is the right choice for you.
Perhaps you have not studied for a long time, not really sure what training to be an instructor involves or the fear of the unknown is holding you back.
Why not just give it a go!
I can offer you a 2 hour try it and see suitability assessment during which you will have the opportunity to see first-hand what the training involves. Finding out what the theory test involves, have an assessment drive, watch a demonstration drive and have a go at instructing.
There is no commitment. The cost of the assessment is only £60 for two hours. If you decide you want to purchase one of my training courses then I will deduct this from the cost of your chosen course or you can commence your training pay as you go.
There is no risk. No commitment. Just give it a go.
Call me to book your assessment.
- Practical in car training. With the exception of 2 hours theory test and hazard perception training, all training is delivered in car.
- One to one training. No car sharing with other trainees. I will deliver all of your training so you have consistency throughout your course.
- Flexible payment options including pay as you go. You do not have to pay up front.
- Flexible training to fit in with your commitments with 2 or 3 hour session options, half and full days.
- No contracts or franchise tie ins. You can go independent.
- Clear refund policy for pre paid course options.
- Meet the trainer. Meet me and discuss how I can help you to achieve your goal of becoming a driving instructor.
- Free on going telephone and business support. After you qualify I will continue to provide you with free support.
- Pay as you go. This option provides you with the flexibility to pay for training as and when you require. This option has the advantage of not having to pay a large sum of money upfront. Personal circumstances may mean that you can not afford to pay up front for the whole training course or you maybe reluctant to commit yourself in case your circumstances change.
- The Complete Package which provides a structured course covering Parts 1, 2 and 3 of the qualifying examinations. Key text books such as Practical Teaching Skills for Driving Instructors, The Driving Instructor's Handbook and The Official DVSA Guide to Driving the essential skills are included.
- Stand alone Part 1, 2 and 3 courses. Focus on one part of the examination process at your own pace. Perhaps you have independently passed Parts 1 and 2 and need support for part 3.
Contact me for further details.
Terms and conditions apply.
Contact Alistair Stuart on 07813 824125 for more information or submit the form below.