I am an experienced driver trainer and started delivering presentations in 2015. I am passionate about road safety, enthusiastic and eager to get involved.
Previous projects include delivering interactive presentations to raise road safety awareness of 15 - 16 year old students. Presentations for 14-15 year old students on passenger safety and a workshop focusing on the theory test for learner drivers delivered to local college students aged 17 years plus. Audience size ranging from 20 to over 100 students.
I prefer to work with classroom size/smaller groups with age ranges from 14-15 years plus with workshops/presentations lasting from between 1 to 2 hours.
My main interests are in raising awareness of new and inexperienced drivers, riders, passengers and pedestrians by focusing on behaviours around:
· Speeding, inappropriate use of speed and consequences
· Distractions such as mobile phones
· Carrying passengers and how to be a safe passenger
· Negative and positive peer pressure, safe decision making and options
· Alcohol, drugs, medication, fatigue, emotional states and fitness to drive
· Use of seat belts
· Journey planning, route, time of journey, duration of journey, rest breaks and purpose of journey
· Sustainable travel alternatives
Road safety presentations and workshops can be delivered in South Yorkshire and Lincolnshire (around Lincoln).
Please note that due to a slight mobility disability I am not able to provide training outside a classroom environment.
Contact Alistair Stuart on 07813 824125 for more information or submit the form below.